Our Objectives are to:-
1. Promote MS Awareness.
2. Encourage Rotarians and MS Societies to work together.
3. Where there is a an MS Society there is a Rotary Club. MS Societies exist in 41 countries. The Multiple Sclerosis International Federation can provide contacts.;
4. Rotarians to contact nearest MS Society and work together to identify and develop a suitable project. Implement project and and publicize your success to improve RAGMSA profile.
5. Identify a suitable MS Research Project to help prevent and find a cure for MS. This can be done by contacting your nearest MS Society or University.
6. Assist fundraising for facilities to help People with Multiple Sclerosis(PwMS) manage their daily routine. This can be done by improving accomodation and facilitate care.
When MS Awareness began as a Rotary District 9800 project, we had a dream. We dreamed of Rotary acting as an independant facilitator between all the groups involved in MS care and research. We imagined the caregivers, the MS Societies, the charitable organisations, the pharmaceutical companies, the researchers and also the people who have MS getting together in one room and talking. This multi-disciplinary " Think-tank" would be a place where ideas could be created and shared about the problems of MS.
Now MS Awareness has become a Rotary Action Group. This gives us the oppourtunity to reach people in all those areas across the world where Rotary exists. Rotary is in 167 countries. There are MS Societies in 35 of these and the number is always growing. Our aim is for Rotarians to form links with the MS Societies in their country. The MS International Federation is working with our Rotarian Action Group to co-ordinate our activities world- wide. There are members of our Action Group in 13 countries.
With the development of our e-mail forum we now have the means to allow this "Think-tank" to operate.
People in all areas of the World MS Community can talk to each other and share ideas.
In this way, Rotary can help find a cure for MS!
Rotary has a simple 3 level structure: Club, District, and International. The MS Awareness Fellowship utilises the involvement of Rotary at all these levels. Rotary is structured in such a way that the things that interest people at all of these levels are basically the same and the difference is only one of scale.
Chairperson: Martin Taurins RC of Gisborne D9800 E-mail: email@example.com Dates of term 2005-17
Vice-Chairperson (Int'l): Bronwyn L. Martin RC of Westtown-Goshen D7450, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Dates of term 2005-17
Secretary: Jacob Taurins E-mail: email@example.com RC of Essendon North D9800. Dates of term 2004-17 Treasurer: Jane Watters E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Dates of term 2015 -17
Webmaster: Peter Taylor email@example.com RC of Essendon North D9800 Dates of term 2008-17